Friday, July 10, 2009

Fat Butt Friday: Kickin' the Addiction



Those of you who have been following me for a while, know about my one big weakness when it comes to dieting. No, it isn't chocolate. Nope not fast food either. I thought I couldn't live with out Diet Coke. I LOVE Diet Coke! We have had a relationship for many years now.

Now, don't think, Cat you are being so strong to give up the sweet, cold, crisp taste of Diet Coke! I'm not really strong. Not strong at all. In fact I am being FORCED to give it up.

Let me take you back to last week. My good bloggy friend, Jennie, who has been a buddy of mine since "The Nutshell" was created, sent me an email right after my last "Fat Butt Friday" Post. She told me that she was a weight loss consultant and she really wanted to help me lose the weight!! Yay! She doesn't know this, but I did a little jig of joy -- not a pretty sight. And I gladly accepted her help. She, herself, has struggled with a slow metabolism and has designed a new way of eating to speed it up! She put a lot of time and effort into making me a weekly menu and an exercising schedule to follow. So are you ready for my stats?

I want to lose at least 50 pounds
Pounds lost last week: 2
Pounds lost this week: (drum roll...) 5!!!!!!!!!
Total Pounds lost: 7

So far so grrrreaaat!! I feel super blessed to have Jennie as a friend and so willing to help me. She has some great secrets, that aren't mine to share. But I convinced her to give some weight loss tips on Fridays on her blog to go along with the whole "Fat Butt" theme. So head over there and check out my new best friend's weight loss tips at Modern Mamaz.

Jennie's eating plan isn't too hard, and there are lots of yummy food to eat. But no soda. Not even a sip. But I want to look like a hot mamasita when Ben comes home... so the sacrifice must be made!

In closing, I just want to say one last good by to my old friend:

Dearest Diet Coke --

It's not you, it's me. So please don't cry. I know we have been close these last several years and have done so much together! I will never forget the times we ate out, or went to the movies. I will always have fond memories of long drives in the country, and snuggling on the couch. No other drink made me feel like you did. Good times, DC, good times...

But it is time to say so long, old friend. As much as I loved you, you were a bad influence on my butt, gut and my children were getting too attached to you. So no more. We have to part ways and move on. Don't worry, there will always be a special place in my heart for you, DC. I will never love another beverage like I loved you.

Always,

Photobucket


If you are interested in joining in on "Fat Butt Friday" you can grab a button here. And don't forget to come back and leave a comment with your link so we can come over and give ya a cheer!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on the weight loss. Letter to DC just too funny. You go girlfriend.....I will be cheering you on.....

Meagan and John said...

suprisingly I too have been forced to give up my drink of shoice--first Diet Pepsi because my husband accused the diet part as beign what was making me sick, but that pepsi was OK, now I can't drink Pepsi because anything with Caffein makes me sick--so long farewell, I would just drink Diet caffein free diet coke, but John doesn't believe in that so I have become a big fan of water--unfortunately it hasn't helped me love any weight but I am hoping my Taebo Tuesdays and Thursdays will, check it out at www.diagnosisunavailable.blogspot.com

Our Family said...

Yippee! Good job, Cat!

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Congrats to you! Maybe I'll have to join you on this journey. I've been doing my own tracking, but doing it more publicly might help!

Jennie @ ModernMamaz said...

Congratulations, Cat!! You are doing such a good job... it takes a lot of work to be so dedicated and I have no doubt you are going to make it to your goal in these 8 months!

Ms. Wanda said...

Two of my bestfriends are a cup of Joe and a Diet Coke:) I just buried my friend Diet Coke when I found out about all the chemicals that are in it are the cause of many of my headaches!

Now me and the coffee cup are in love but, I've cut him back to one in the morning and one in the evening, it's the best I could do:)

The Blonde Duck said...

Thanks for popping by on my SITS day! I stay thin with Chiahuahauaerobics! Queen Bitty keeps my butt in shape!

Unknown Mami said...

Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Tobi said...

Huzzah for losing weight! I'm so happy for you. I'm sorry though that you must give up Diet Coke. I don't know if I could give up Dr. Pepper, which is my own particular weak spot when it comes to soda.

Vicki said...

Congrats on the weight loss, I'm heading over to check out Jennie's blog now.

My FBF is HERE

Single Mama NYC said...

Okay, PLEASE explain why no Diet Coke. I want to loose weight and this whole time I thought the DIET in Diet Coke meant I could still drink it if I was on a diet. :-(

Guilty Mother said...

Oooh well done you. I'm an avid hater of diet drinks, they have so many nasties in them that cause so many ailments, allergies etc. I wish I could convince my sis-in-law to give them up. She drinks Pepsi Max like she has shares in the company. Stick with it - you will feel so much better for it!!!!!

ThatMommy! said...

YAY 5 lbs this week! Right On! & YAY for weight loss consultant friends;)

Amber Lynae said...

You are amazing, and I am jealous of .. I mean... so happy for you. That is great. I'm sorry to hear about you and DC. That is hard. But you know what you are better off without him. I heard he gets around A LOT.... I even took him out a few times. I hope you will forgive me.