Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Parenting with the Force

I was sitting at my desk pondering about what I should share with you today. There are so many things I could write about! I could tell you about some blind dates that would curl your toes, or about the time or two I got my mouth washed out with soap. I thought I could tell you about some naughty tricks I learned as a kid, I hope my kids never do. Or about how I feel towards mean civil servants. Then it hit me. I could share with you some parenting tips I picked up on watching Star Wars. What? You don't believe me? Hello, the whole series is about one big dysfunctional family, people! So here we go! (Are you excited?)

Tip #1: It isn't fair to discipline your child with a glowing sword-like weapon. They just get resentful, threaten to call child-services, and throw a huge tantrum that ends with the loss of an limb. Not a good idea.

Tip #2: Teach your kids that before they run off and start kissing people, make sure they aren't their long lost twin...

Tip #3: Mama always has the Force! Period.

Tip #4: Don't teach your child (apprentice) everything you know. Bad move. Helps you keep your "parent-know-it-all" status.

Tip #5: Don't ever trust people who wear black masks. Especially, if they claim to be your father!

Tip #6: Jaba the Hut's idea of time-out? He might have lived longer had he put Han Solo in the corner instead of making him chill out in the freezer.

Tip #7: Talking robots are always fun to play with, but taking their advice seriously could create unforeseen issues.

Tip #8: It's a good thing to always tell your kids you love them... don't wait until you're dying. Uncool!

Tip #9: The Princess Leia double-bun look, never goes out of style!
(side note: it doesn't matter how many kids you have, your hubby will still like you in that Princess Leia outfit you have that only comes out at night *wink*wink*)

Tip #10: Teach your kids to respect elders, even little green ones. They are wise and knowledgeable and can kick your butt.


Doesn't this just scream, "Dangerous!"?

...and until next time, "May the Force be with you!"

17 comments:

Jill said...

That Princess Leia double bun look is HOT Cat! You're a force (no pun intended... okay, well, maybe a little) to be reckoned with!

Chrissy said...

LOVE # 3. Absolutely. lol

Stopping in from SITS to say hi! Have a great day!

Rocksee said...

The pics are cracking me up. Seriously.

tracy said...

this

Mama always has the Force! Period.

lolol... and I so agree!

tracy

Practically Perfect... said...

Too funny! Love the pictures :-)

DaveandRuth said...

I did not think you could get parenting tips from Star Wars. That was worth while!

Anonymous said...

I love the mamam always has the force. Have a great day

My Lil Guyz said...

OMG Those pictures are hysterical! Thanks for the follow ;)

NYC Mama said...

LOL, too funny. I think I'm going to get T-shirts made up that say, "Mama always has the Force! Period." If I do, I will send one your way. ;-)

The Blonde Duck said...

LOL! I love the Leia- look!

Kjar Family said...

I just wish I'd figured that all out four years ago!

Our Family said...

Daddy Nut looks fearsome!

Otter Thomas said...

The yoda pic is hilarious and mama always does have the force. There is no doubt.

Amy said...

LOL! What a hilarious post! Greta tips Cat.. I will have to keep those in mind :)

Controlling My Chaos said...

"May the force be with you" is my favorite saying. I never realized Star Wars had so much parenting advice.

Greta @ What Works For Mama said...

I'm sure glad I stopped over from SITS to read your post today! HILARIOUS!!

Lazenby Family News said...

I voted for the Ask Cat. Cuz I know you'll be funny anyway. Your blog is great! Hope you have a wonderful start with summer. lymi