Friday, June 26, 2009

Introducing a New Feature!

I want to lose weight while Ben is gone. Eight months is a nice amount of time to really make it happen. Despite my posts about pigging out, I am actually a really good eater -- I have to be because my thyroid is funky. Doesn't want to work for me, at all. So I have to eat right so I don't gain weight.

But when I am pregnant, I gain a lot of weight. At least I did with the first one, I gained 80 pounds! I lost a little and some more my first trimester with my second baby, and then gained it all back. I have tried really hard to get it off and the scale just won't budge.

When I found out Ben was going to be gone for so long and come home a muscled hunk, I really wanted to look different too. So I got on line and did a bunch of research about woman like me who can't lose weight because of thyroid issues. I think I came up with something that might work. I started it on Monday, and even though I haven't weighed, I feel better! A little thinner...

Now to my new feature here on the Nutshell. Drum Roll....

Fat Butt Friday!

I will use Fridays as a day to report my weekly progress, tell funny fat stories, and hopefully in the process laugh my butt off, literally. How fun is that? And the best part? Are you just wiggling in your chair with excitement? I am inviting anyone who is crazy brave enough to join me in this little endeavor. You can even snag my butt-on here to put on your "Fat Butt Friday" post, then come by here and leave your link in a comment so we can all laugh at ourselves and cheer each other on! Or, you can just cheer me on.



My goal is to lose 50 pounds, do you think I can do it?

Photobucket

16 comments:

Rocksee said...

I did.. You can! Go girl!

The Crazy Suburban Mom said...

Oh man I so need this... so so so. And I gained that much with my pregnancy too. And every day is fat butt friday around here

tracy

Practically Perfect... said...

Best of luck with your weight loss - you can do it!!!

Pam said...

You go girl! I absolutely think yoiu can do it. I just may join you after my summer vacation. Good luck. Love the butt(on), btw!!!

Jill said...

I wish you much luck Cat. I'll be right here cheering you on! But for the record... I do think you're great how you are. However, it is always nice to feel even better about yourself.

Sara Richins said...

I'll be right there with you as soon as this baby comes! You should check out my friends blog, http://adailydoseofdieting.blogspot.com/
She's lost over 50 lbs TWICE! She has some great tips. Good luck!! You can do it!

Meagan and John said...

I need to join you, the other day I was so excited I lost 2 lbs I celebrated with $40 worth of junk from the swans man, needless to say now I am sure i am over the 200 mark again but too afraid to weigh myself

I wish you luck and trust me i am going to joiin you--maybe i will start a tybo (sp) tuesday in honor of your fatt butt friday at www.diagnosisunavailable.blogspot.com where i am posting everythign pertaining to my health

www.lewis4higher.blogspot.com

Lady Di said...

You can do it. Just take it 10 lbs at a time. I lost 70 lbs 4 yrs ago doing weight watchers. I never denied myself anything, just used portion control and exercise. I kept it off, but gained some back when I got pregnant. I gained 50 lbs back after baby was born. So far, I've lost 34. I know I've done it once, so I can do it again and you can too!!

ThatMommy! said...

i know you're serious but i just laughed so hard i almost peed in my pants.

Jenny said...

Good luck with the weight loss. I've been trying for four years, but I keep going off my goal stream. LOL I eat when I'm bored so diets don't really work for me.

Mama Nut said...

I can relate to that! That's why this new thing I am doing is more of a life style change. There are certain foods that are known to give thyroids issues. So we will see how true that is for me...

{jordan} said...

Look at you and your cheer section! Can I get exclusive rights to head cheerleader/captain?! Pleeaaase?!! I will join you on your quest! And I will be armed with pompoms, megaphone and a loud voice screaming so as to alert the heavens that you have a goal and you WILL reach it! Give me a bit to make up a few cheers for you, though- I'm not THAT good...

Vicki said...

I'm in. See your Friday!!

joannamarieprice@yahoo.com said...

Like the idea!! I had big plans for this while my husband is deployed, then got pregnant... not exactly what I planned! =)

Amy said...

You go Girl! I have practically given up at this point. Good for you for embarking on the butt challenge. We will be cheering you on!

Our Family said...

I'm cheering for you, too!

P.S. Do you think "laughing our butts off" will work on hips and thighs? Just curious.