Saturday, June 27, 2009

Daddy Nut is My Hero!

I can't believe it is already Saturday and here I am giving my first Ben update. Up until tonight, I wasn't sure what I was going to say, because I hadn't heard from him yet. Not a phone call, no letter, nada. Zilch. Then tonight he called. I was so excited to hear his sexy voice, my heart melted like the first time he called me and asked me out. Good memories...

Anyway, we got to talk for about 15 minutes. Fifteen minutes of heaven. Here are the facts:
  • He is the 2nd oldest guy in this temporary unit (he joins the real one on Monday).

  • There are only two guys including Ben that have kids out of 50.

  • 47 of the guys are between the ages of 17-20. Ben says he feels like he has to babysit some of them.

  • Only 3 of them are married.

  • His temporary Drill Sargent is a real piece of work. Ben says he brags about how many guys attempted suicide because of him. That is really something to be happy about.... please. Good thing he will only be his DS until Monday.

  • Ben gets to wear the big black military nerd glasses -- I bet he looks cute anyway.

  • and best of all: He misses me a ton!!

I, on the other hand, spend my time fantasizing about him. I can't even watch a movie without seeing his face on the hero's body. Here is what I am talking about: My Knight in Shining Armor!What a stud!! Totally!
He has such a Brave Heart... LOL.

I know you are at this point rolling your eyes or laughing your head off. I hope you are doing a little of both!

Have a great weekend everyone!!



Photobucket

12 comments:

ThatMommy! said...

i'm doing both but more laughing my head off! It's awesome the way you love your husband. as it should be;)

Practically Perfect... said...

So glad that you got to hear from him! My younger brother is 22, and when he joined the AF and went off to basic, he said he felt so old (which of course made me feel ancient). He Hope his next DS is nicer :-)

Jill said...

I'm glad that he arrived safely. Sounds like Basic Training is going to be an interesting experience with lots of stories to tell. :)

Love the pasting of Ben into the pictures. You're so funny.

Pam said...

Laughing! Definitely, laughing!

BridgetJean said...

Happy Saturday!!!
I am sure Daddy Nut misses you as much as you miss him. Very cute!!!

Grandma & Grandpa Maxwell said...

Very funny!! LOL

Scott & Andrea said...

Hahah! I love the photoshopped pics, great work. The last one is pretty darn good! Sounds like he could write a book about his experiences when he's done with training.

Vicki said...

What a great post!! Really enjoyed it!

C.J. Keller, said...

Love the photos. It's so nice to see a wife creating a tribute to her husband. So romantic.

Amy said...

I am definately laughing my head off. Oh Cat.. when I got to the lancalot one.. I just about died! Hilarious!! And great photoshopping :) Too funny Cat!

Amy said...

Hey Cat, I have been checking out your blog, and I am soo impressed. YOu have put together a really great blog. YOu have great stuff on the sides, things that are really worth looking at. You have really done a superb job, and I just wanted you to know that. Way to get out there!

Our Family said...

Thanks for the laugh. That last one was really good!