Friday, June 19, 2009

Daddy Blog Feature #5: Life of a New Dad

I just want to start off by thanking all my wonderful readers for the GREAT comments this week!! I wish I could write all of you individual replies to all your great advice and wisdom. But, sadly, I haven't been able to spend much time at the computer these last couple weeks. Not only am I getting the house cleaned and tying all the loose ends up before the hubby gets shipped out, I am also trying to squeeze time in with him too.

However, I made time to present to you our last Daddy Blog Feature for the month:
Otter Thomas at Life of a New Dad.
Several of you may already know Otter Thomas because he is a faithful commenter here and actually my only male follower -- which in itself deserves a feature, don't you think?

This guy cracks me up. Not only in his posts, but he never fails to get a laugh out of me with his comments here. I also love his posts because they are so heartfelt and I can really tell that he loves being a dad. Most of his posts share a quality or a value he hopes to pass on to his son. Great stuff... and I have a soft spot for engineers too, which he is.

I thought my husband was the only one that got distracted at home! I am more then relieved to find out it is just a guy thing... Work from Home Dad.

Ben can't wait to take our sons camping too. Right now the thought gives us nightmares... but when they are older maybe. Camping with Dad is a great post about a dad's dream of spending time with his son around a campfire. Love it!

This is the post that got me hooked on Otter Thomas' stuff (for obvious reasons) Memorial Day is Not Just for BBQ

And it wouldn't be a perfect Father's Day tribute without sharing this one last post with you: The Joys of Fatherhood.

Here's wishing all my blog dads a wonderful Father's Day! Thanks for all you do for us moms and the little ones. Bless you.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jill said...

I like Otter Thomas, too. His posts are always a fun read. And that little Braden is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Great daddy blog! I loved Otter Thomas. Thanks for the post.

Otter Thomas said...

Cat,Thanks for the nice feature. Jill and anonymous, thanks for the nice words and comments too. Happy Father's Day to all the men in your lives.