Thursday, May 14, 2009

INSTAcare and Popsicles

I just want to start off and apologize. I am completely out of mind today. Seriously. Yesterday did me in. So this post is probably going to be my most boring yet! So if you aren't in the mood to be so bored you'll fall asleep on your keyboard, do not read on. I'm warning you! Stop right now! Only the brave and pure of heart may continue on reading this most mundane post.

Okay, so if you are still reading, I love you! You passed my test of a true follower; a true friend. And if you continue to the end and actually feel like leaving a comment, it will totally make my most boring day!


Yesterday, my little nut, Nephi, woke up from his nap with a fever of 104. Completely lethargic, and totally unlike him, he just laid on the couch and whimpered. After giving him a dose of Tylenol to get his fever down, I rushed him to Instacare. Emphasis on INSTA. Not so insta. We waited for an hour in the waiting room, and there was hardly anyone there. Nephi was like an oven and laying on my chest -- I was actually sweating! Poor little guy was hardly moving. Finally, we got in. Ear infection. I suspected as much. They gave him some Ibuprofen and a popsicle and suddenly like magic he was Mr. Perky. He skipped out into the waiting room like new.

As we left the office, an Elderly couple that had been waiting with us, was leaving at the same time. They marveled at Nephi's complete change of status. The elderly man said, "Wow, I want what they gave him!"

"Ibuprofen and a popsicle, works every time," I told him. Nothing like a good sugar high to lift the spirits.

Well, I've got to go. I hear motherhood calling me from the next room! Have a great day!

12 comments:

NYC Mama said...

How I wish Ibuprofen and a popsicle could cure ALL the worlds ails! I know how hard it is when your baby is sick. I'm so glad Nephi is feeling lots better!!!

Brooks Nelson said...

I'm sorry you have all been sick, I hope you all getting feeling better soon. I'll bring over some more popsicles for you.

Our Family said...

I'm glad Nephi is feeling a little better and I hope you all feel better soon.

That old man in the waiting room sounds cool. Hopefully, they found something good for him, too. :o)

DaveandRuth said...

I hope Nephi feels better. I love blogs that are true to life and not just all fluff. I hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Shannon said...

Hope he's better soon. Popsicle, really? Wow, we just get lollipops. Get better soon.

Sara Richins said...

Whenever we have had to go to Insta care, it's been over an hour wait. Glad to hear that it isn't something worse than an ear infection. Although, those aren't fun either. Get to feeling better soon!

Bridget said...

I'm sorry that he has an ear infection and hope he gets better soon! What in the world is going around our little village these days? Good luck!

Meagan and John said...

Oh my goodness, so I remember when Dominic was little, he woudl get super sick like every week, but this particular week he was way sick, we had been to our regular doctor and she told us it was pneumonia, and gave him some medicine, later that night Dominic woke us up (which was rare) he could barely breathe, he was wheezing so bad, so we called the doctors office to get the on call doctor, and eventually decided we had to take him to primary children's.

John worked 2 jobs then and had to clean a building at like super super early so we decided since that only took a little bit we would stop by there and get that out of the way so he didn't get in trouble if we had to wait super long and he couldn't get to it, it only took him like 15 minutes and it was only a block or 2 from primary children's.

so we get to primary childrens and they gave him some medicine while we are getting triaged, then we wait in the waiting area and eventually get back to the room, and can I say by the time the doctor got there his wheezing had stopped, his coughing had stopped, his fever was gone and we were doing our best to keep him in the exam room....trip was a total waste of time, the doctor couldn't even find the pneumonia, but we got a Popsicle and a sippy cup from it and can I tell you that sippy cup was definitely not worth the $100 copay we had to pay for it.

(I also have to add that I for some reason coudl spell pneumonia right but had to use spell check for popscicle--what is up with that?)

I hope you all start feeling better soon, it is not fun to be so sick--and don't get me going on ear infections

Jill said...

Man, I'm going to have to pick up some popsicles for my nausea. Do you think it will work??!

I called today to see how you were all doing. Daddy Nut still sounded pretty sick. And I could hear Nephi in the background... or maybe that was Sam. Either way, it sounded like you're all still feeling yucky. If I had read this before I left, I would have dropped by some more popsicles!!!:)

{jordan} said...

Maybe an award would make you feel better...
So check out my blog and see! 'Cuz I gave you one! Best Wishes with the sickies...

Amy said...

I wish that Ibupropion and a popsicle did the trick! That is so sad that Nephi felt so lucky... poor little guy. Ya did the right thing Mama! :)

Jodie said...

Awww...poor Nephi. I can't believe they made ya'll wait that long with a little child who was lethargic! Ridiculous! But, I am glad that the iburpofen and a popsicle cured him. Glad that he is feeling better!