Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Quarantined!

That's right! No, it's not what you think! We do NOT have the swine flu. Or West Nile. Nope, not the plague either -- although, that might be slightly entertaining if our neighbors thought we did. No, I will not entertain evil thoughts! Anyway, we are all sick. Mostly bronchitis, but green snot has been sighted as well, and disappearing just as quickly. I suspect snot-licking, but sleeve wiping has been an option in the past and not to be dismissed. However, Nephi has been wearing his proudly on his face in the form of yellowish crusties, waiting to be challenged by a warm washcloth.

Now, there are many down sides to Ben working at Wal-Fart, err... sorry, my bad, always making typos. Wal-Mart! Aside from having to be "certified" to use a screwdriver there (story for another time), it is also the germ capital of any location it sits in. In the wintertime, I don't shop there without being fully armed with an arsenal of disinfectant wipes. I swear on my future grave, that is how my kids got RSV some years ago. But in the spring and summer, I get a little lazy when it comes down to sanitizing my chosen cart.

Pre-school is always an option as well. I am probably not the only mom that tries to disguise my kid's "minor-illness" with cough medicine and a note claiming that it's just hay fever. So I guess I get what I deserve when my kid comes home hosting who knows what, and passes it to us.

So here we find ourselves totally vegetating today. All sick. Dishes crawling out the sink, across the counter, and assaulting a bowl of fresh fruit and a loaf of bread. We ran out of sippy cups. There are no spoons to be found. And bowls? What are those? I guess it's Carl's Jr. for us. Who wants to leave the house? You! No, You! Okay, we will ALL go. So in our pajamas, our very stylish family, packs into the car and heads to the drive-thru where much to our displeasure no one speaks English. Great. That's what we get for leaving the house. Daddy Nut is especially whiny, because that's how men get when they are sick, and parks himself back in his place on the couch which has molded to fit his butt.

The boys and I decide to resume our vegetative states as well once more, but all the cozy places were taken over by dirty laundry while we were gone. How can that be? Has it come to life hijacking our stuff? My husband clues me in by telling me it was there all along, I was just sitting on it. Nice. That's what that smell was, I thought it was him (although, I do suspect there may be a poopy diaper hiding somewhere close by as well).

Deciding that I was just too weak to move the laundry, and I didn't want to sit on it again due to the unpleasant aroma hovering around. I went to my next favorite place. The computer, where I happen to find myself now. Imagine that.

Hopefully tomorrow I will wake up to a clean house, laundry folded, dishes washed. Fat chance, huh? Wish us all a speedy recovery (especially me -- you KNOW how much gets done when the mama is out sick). We (I) need it!

What a helpful guy! Don't hurt yourself, Honey!

18 comments:

Jodie said...

I am so sorry that ya'll are all sick. Why is it that when men get sick they act like they are dying? This is why the woman give birth. the men couldn't handle it! I hope that everyone feels better tomorrow and the cleaning fairies come and help you out while you are sleeping!

ROSIDAH said...

Hope you all get well very soon!

DaveandRuth said...

I hope you all feel better soon. Could have been my husband in the picture!

Our Family said...

I hope you guys feel better soon. Being sick is no fun, but being a sick mom with sick kids and a sick husband should be outlawed.

C.J. Keller, said...

I'm glad you can manage to maintain a sense of humor. Humor helps keeps one sane in chaos!
I'm usually a big grump when I'm sick though.
There are some nasty bugs going around. Everyone seems to be coming down with something. My son who is usually only sick for 2 days in a row max, has had a runny nose and slight cough for almost 2 weeks. The anchorman of the morning news here has had a cough for over a month.
Hope you all feel better soon.

Katy said...

Oh no! Being sick sucks- especially when there isn't anyone healthy enough to take care of you! Mmmm...I love Carl's Jr! That is one nice thing about being sick, you don't have to cook, don't have to clean.

Shannon said...

You make me laugh every time. I have the same issues with my dishes even when I'm not sick!!! Hope your fairy godmother came to visit you & you're all feeling better. Love the pic of daddy nutt. My husband does the same thing. Oh how it bugs me cuz I still manage to get things done even when I feel like crap.

Little Lady Cakes said...

I'm passing an award to you!

Please visit my website to grab it. :)

Jill said...

Being sick is NO fun. I agree with "Our Family." And when the mom is sick, well, somehow she isn't allowed to let the couch mold to her butt. That would be completely and utterly inconceivable. I wish you luck. We've had all the same stuff going on here the last 2 weeks. However we had intermittent puking as well. I know you had some of that. So I will apologize for sending our illness to you through the internet. Just yesterday our power went out and I called my mom's house to chat. Then her power went out for 3 or 4 hours. So, I take full responsibility for your illness. Blame me. :) I wish I lived closer so I could come help with the mountains of laundry, etc. Good luck! Feel better soon.

rfamilyfun said...

Hope you all feel better soon!!

{jordan} said...

I'm sending you some virtual chicken soup. Oh, and a fairy godmother... ;)

Amy said...

Yuck! I hate the sickies. My hubs is the same way when he gets sick, men are wimpy! Shhh don't tell him that.

I blame Wal Mart too. My husband laughs but I break out the mini can of lysol and spray all surfaces that my kids touch. I am a bit of a freak.

I hope you feel better soon! If I was your neighbor, I would put on my mask and come help you clean.

Amy said...

Oh and I meant to say, Thanks for grabbing our button. You Rock!! I'm grabbin' yours too.

Lady Di said...

Men are such babies when they get sick. My husband is S.O.L when he gets sick because I got strep throat right after I got home from the hospital with our second baby, and guess who still had to get up every 2 stinkin' hours, change diapers, potty train the then 3 yr.old, feed the other children living in the house, etc., etc., etc? So, to say I have very little sympathy for him when he has the sniffles is an under statement.

wenderful said...

Thanks for stopping by and helping me celebrate my sits day today! I had ginormous fun.

Rocksee said...

Get better everyone!

tracy said...

Hope you feel better soon! But that was a too funny rendition :)

tracy

Stepfanie said...

Thanks for the comment! And I'm so sorry for everyone getting sick! Get better!