Friday, May 1, 2009

I Make a Decision

Okay, I'm fully determined not to make a fool out of myself today. I know, I know, how will I be able to pull it off? Let me tell you. I realized that the more tired I am when I post, the crazier I get. Then in the morning, when I wake up and turn on my computer, my silliness stares me right in the face! It's like some kind of bloggy hangover, I vaguely remember writing what I did, but it was all hazy in my exhausted state. And last night, I could have sworn it was funnier when I wrote it, than it was this morning reading it.

No more, I told myself! I am going to be completely there in the head when I post next time. I don't want my readers to think I am some raving lunatic, that gets kicks out of giving myself Paint makeovers and wearing my husband's deodorant. Actually, now that I think about it, maybe I am a bit crazy... after all. I am even at this moment doing what I said I wouldn't do! Posting just after midnight. Oh, well. You can't win them all. And besides, I am pretty sure I am of sound mind right now. But then again, I vaguely remember thinking that last night as I told of my naughty lipo suction plans. Oh, just forget it! Let's just admit it. I am one nutty mama.

So, here's my plan: I'll start next week.... posting in the later morning, that is. Or then again, maybe the week after that. We'll see. No need to set it in stone, right? Life is about going with the flow...

Everyone have a great weekend! This is Mama Nut signing off!

***

Oh, yeah, tomorrow is Daddy Saturday, so don't forget to stop by and check out what Daddy Nut has to say this time... hint: I hear it's a good one.

A picture to make you smile: Sam got himself ready for school. I think he might have forgotten something...

11 comments:

Jill said...

I still love that picture. It's like out of a bad dream but it actually happened. Haven't you had those dreams where you arrive somewhere and you have your pants on but forgot your shirt and all you have on is your bra? Or you forget that you're still wandering around in your underwear and you go and answer the door only to realize that you're not dressed. I could go on and on. I've had these dreams for years. It's nuts. I guess I'd fit right in with all you nuts in a nutshell. :)

Cynthia said...

Love that picture! It's every person's nightmare realized- except he doesn't realize it (the whole going to school naked dream).

As for posting- don't change a thing. Everyone is a little crazy when the kids are small. It comes with the job. I'm still a little crazy and reading posts from other folks like me makes me feel normal- so just do what you've been doing!

Our Family said...

I think you just coined a very important term in the blogging community: The Bloggy Hangover. Love it! I still like your last post, btw.

That picture is great! He looks set to me. What more could a kid need? (Assuming he's got fruit snacks in the pack.)

Angie said...

Oh my lol. That is so adorable..It makes your heart Melt.

BridgetJean said...

I love daddy nut posts on Saturday!! Last saturday's post was really funny and true in my household as well. Can't wait to see what he posts tomorrow. Have a awesome weekend Mama nut.

Meagan and John said...

to add about the naked dream posts, I use to dream I was at the movies without a top or a bra, standing on the street outside Fillmore's movie theater with my arms folded to cover my tatas, I haven't had that dream since high school though, but the other day I did end up at church to discover I had forgotten my bra, and my boobs are no longer small enough to hide behind my folded arms

that pic is precious, right before dominic started school he got ready one day by cutting his own hair...yep, buzzed it off, no way to salvage it, had to shave him balled

Melanni said...

I like your posts! They are so true to life. I have worn my husbands deoderant and smelled like a man all day(0: And sometimes being a Mom to a 3 year old and a baby makes me want to pull my hair out, so I'm glad you can help me find humor in this adventure(0:

Aubrey said...

I LOVE your idea of Daddy Saturday! Have you ever thought of having it a weekly blog event with a mr. linky? I bet you would get a lot of participants!

Also, a big THANK YOU for stopping by last week during my SITS day! I loved reading the comments you left for me!

Rocksee said...

That is the best picture. He looks ready to go!

{jordan} said...

Don't you DARE change a thing- I heard somewhere that the later it gets, the funnier the post. Okay, I just made that up, but it sounds good, right? At least know that I was laughing...
And I totally understand the speech thing- my 6 year old is in therapy through the school. It's sooo frustrating trying to communicate with him. And even my parents think he has some sort of problem (besides the obvious 'can't build a sentence')- my mom swears he has ADD. Oh well- I laugh in secret.

ROSIDAH said...

I love to meet friends of my friends! This is one of the remarkable things in Bloggyland :).
Sam looks adorable in his 'outfit' ;)! It's always a great pleasure to see the kids get ready for school in their early years. Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. I can see now why you and Angie have become good friends. I had a great time on your blog, and look forward to visit you more often. Have a great weekend.