Friday, May 15, 2009

A Day in the Life of Sam: How to be Sneaky

Hi, my name is Sam. And I am sneaky. Very sneaky. My parents think they are so much smarter than I am. But I have news for them: I have gotten away with more than they will ever know. Sometimes big people underestimate me because I am small and don't say much. I like to think I that I could talk if I wanted to, but it's really just a waste of energy. My little brother thinks he is so cool because he can say a few words. Whoop-dee-do! I am a thinker. The mastermind of our little ring. Nephi does what I want him to do, we have an understanding... until he messes things up sometimes. He is such a tattletale! I like to think "what goes around comes around." And little bro is accumulating some seriously bad karma. However, that's a story for another time.

Today, I am hijacking my mom's computer. Yeah, they have no idea I know how to play games, get on my favorite websites, print out coloring pages, and download any files that perk my interest. But this morning, I have a different motive. I know that my mom and dad tell you all what a hard kid I am. I want to set the record straight. I'm only hard because they refuse to give me what I want, and I am sneaky because it is easier to be forgiven then ask for permission. When are they going to figure that out!?
Take this week for example. My teacher at preschool keep pinning notes to my backpack. I don't know what it's all about, because I can't reach them to pull them off. It's not my fault my arms are too short. Then when mom gets the notes, she puts a stack of diapers in my beloved Thomas the Tank Engine backpack, which all the boys in my class covet. Silly mom. Diapers do not belong in my backpack! School papers do. So when she isn't looking I take them out and put them back in the box. The next day, same thing. Pinned note, mom reads, puts more diapers in my backpack all the while mentioning to my dad that I must of had the "runs" at school. Actually mom, I walk at school.

It really bothers me that she puts diapers in my precious school bag. So once again, when she isn't around, I take them out and put them away. This goes on for a couple more days. Then something happened. I heard Mom telling Dad that my teacher called and asked why they weren't sending diapers to school. I guess between the two of them they figured out what I had been doing. Busted. At least now she stopped putting them in my backpack. Now she gives them to the bus driver.

There is one thing I don't understand. I heard my mom tell dad that my teacher said I was very sneaky at school and that she could write a book about me. What's that suppose to mean? That I am good at what I do? Well, I am! Kids could really learn a lot from me! Like today when I wanted to go to school with dad. I very carefully emptied all the contents out of dad's backpack, climbed in and zipped myself in. He would never have known either, if it wasn't for the tattletale yelling, "No Sammy! Sammy naughty!" Instead my parents just laughed. Thought I was being funny.

Well. We'll just see who laughing next time!

This is Sam, signing out!
****
I (Cat) just wanted to take a second and thank all of you for the love and support you show me every day here on 4 Nuts in a Nutshell. I have made so many new friends, met so many amazing people, and have had the opportunity to read some wonderful blogs this last month. I am overwhelmed by everyone's kindness, and I hope you continue to come back again and again -- even on my off days.
For Father's Day next month, I want to feature some Daddy Blogs on here, that might not get the attention that they so deserve. So if any of you know some and would like to nominate them to me to be featured on here, PLEASE send me an email! nutsinanutshell@gmail.com They won't win anything -- my last giveaways maxed my budget for a while. But at least they will have a day in the sun here at 4 Nuts in a Nutshell.
Thanks!

13 comments:

Taste of My Life said...

Hi! To say Hello and your blog is Great!

tracy said...

Great story! Kids! LOL

tracy

Rocksee said...

Cause your awesome momma nut!

And sam.. oh boy girl..here comes trouble!

Our Family said...

I LOVE Sammy's perpective!

"...and little bro is accumulating some seriously bad karma"

This post was so fun to read. We're all loving your blog. Keep it coming!

Jill said...

That is too great. Love your writing "Sam." I can tell you're going to give your parents years of FUN!!

Jodie said...

Love this post! I was laughing the whole time I was reading it! You are in for lots of fun!

Kimberly said...

This has got to be one of the funniest things I have read in a long time! I was cracking up during the whole thing, especially when I read that the bus driver now gets handed the diapers. What a creative, fun idea to write from Sam's perspective. Sam is very intuitive :) I imagine the teacher could write a book about him! Oh to be a fly on the wall and watch our children when they don't know it. I love your blog!!! So glad I found it!

Rachel said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'm looking forward to checking out yours!

Amy said...

We know all about sneaky! Sneaky and Sly! Thanks for the translation today. I really enjoy your comments.

Have a great weekend.

Tera said...

Good stuff Sam. You are a smart kid. Thanks for the laughs!

Cheyenne said...

Hi, Cat!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice note! You have a beautiful family and Sam's antics cracked me up! I don't have kids yet, but I am amazed when I read stories like this one because it reminds me that kids are smarter than any of us silly adults give them credit for. Haha!

I hope you have a great weekend1

passionsandsoapboxes.com said...

Oh he is a handful isn't he. I had a clever one as well. Learn the Mommy stare real quick.

Amy said...

LOL!!! That was a great story Ca... I mean Sam! What a little sneaky man you are! The getting into Daddy's backpack! I juest about died! WAY too funny Cat... love it :)