Thursday, April 30, 2009

If I Was a Rich Man... or Woman...

One of my most loyal readers asked me: "I want to know what you would do if you won a million dollars. In this scenario, you have no bills, your kids are set for life, no taxes, etc...What would you do with a million dollars?"

Me Being Responsible:

I've been thinking about it all evening. The truth is, I day dream about having money all the time! But there is nothing laughable about what I would do with it. We have student loans up the kazoo I would love to pay off. It would be the ultimate coolness if we had a way to pay for all of Ben's schooling in the future. Mostly, I think I would put it in savings for when Ben graduated and got a job we would be able to buy a house. I would also LOVE to travel the world! But I think I would start with Disneyland -- I so want to take my kids there -- and I would end off with some fun cruises (not to Mexico, though, flee from the flu!). Anyway, all that would be great!!
This is a picture of me being responsible and happy!

Me Being a Turd:
Now, if I didn't care about schooling and houses and providing a future for my kids. If I was selfish and only cared about having fun and looking good I would... hmmm... I have to think. Oh, I know! Lipo! Oh, yeah, sianara double chin! I always thought it would be fun to try some of that fake hair, what is it called? Oh, yeah, hair extensions! And maybe one of those body wraps where they wrap you up in plastic like a mummy.

I would still travel I think, but I would stay in fine hotels and throw frugality out the window. Flying first class has always sounded nice. I would defiantly find a better apartment (although, I really wouldn't if I wasn't being a turd -- I am rather attached to my friends here). So, I can't help but wonder what "Me Being a Turd" would look like after all my millions spent to look good. Good thing I have my trusty Microsoft Paint to help me make a few realist changes to my appearance:

Good gracious! Maybe I should have taken a little more off the hips... Anyway, as tempting as it is to be selfish with a million dollars, I think I will stick to my responsible plans if I ever make it big time.

What do you think?

11 comments:

Daddy Nut said...

First of all, If my wife had a million dollars, I'd make her buy adobe photoshop, and then remove microsoft paint from all available computers in the house. A world trip would be nice though...Anyone want to watch my kids?

Housewife Savant said...

I would give the woman a break Daddy (If that's your REAL name.)jk
I was laughing about the savvy touch up job - because PAINT and Picasa are ALL I'VE GOT TOO.

(Leave us alone and we'll RULE the world w/Paint, or we'll just do bad touch ups and make it look like we sorta rule the world.)

Jill said...

Love Daddy Nut's comments. He has a funny sense of humor. I'm looking forward to your Saturday installment so I can laugh and read it to my husband. He loved last week's. He was yelling "It's true!! It's true!!!"

Mama Nut, Love the picture. I love the actual you even more.

If I had a million dollars.... nevermind. It's too depressing to think about. I know it will never happen. Good attitude, I know. I'm just gonna try and deal with the money we do have and somehow stretch it beyond it's measures. That "gum" is calling my name. :)

Covington Sensation's said...

ROFL!!!!! You are freaking hilarious!!! Sounds alittle what I would do. (The responsible way of course.)
If I had a million dollars I would pay off all loans/bills. . .Do I have any left over at that point?? Hmmmm...I hope I do. I would take the kids to Disneyland, buy a house, publish my book myself,manicures, pedicures,fabulous lunches with all of my bloggy friends, Europe trips, I'd probably have to invest something so I can have some leftover. I think that is about right.

Is Daddy Nut your hubby? Does he have a blog too? Cool if he does. :)

Momza said...

First thing I woudl do if I suddenly WON a Million dollars?
Go change my pants...cuz I'm sure I'd wet them.
Secondly, call the kids home for and italian dinner...in Italy.

Oh we can dream, can't we??!

Our Family said...

Yay! Thanks for answering my question! I agree with the others; you're gorgeous without the airbrushing! Although, the shirt was kind of cute with the black sides. I saw a nurse wearing scrubs like that, and they had a nice slimming effect. We might be on to something here...

I think it's funny that we all seem to have a hard time thinking of what we'd do with money if we didn't need any of the essentials. I guess that's a good thing. :o) I think I'd spend the million on lifetime maid service.

Our Family said...

P.S. Daddy Nut's comment made me laugh, too! What is the purpose of Microsoft Paint anyway?

Rocksee said...

Daddy Nut is a comedian!

I think that everyone should have a list like this.. Just in case! I mean you never know!!!

Anonymous said...

You both crack me up. Keep up the posting....funny stuff....

Haley Hatch Freeman said...

Thanks for fun post. I think I would spend the money creating my own publishing company. And you and a few other of my writer friends would be the first to get their books published! Not to mention publish more of my own books =0)

Jennie @ Modern Mamaz said...

Oh, I love your new and fantastic figure! You simply look stunning! The hair extensions look so real, they are hardly noticeable!

To Daddy Nut: I would watch your kids, but you would probably want to read my blog carefully before leaving them in my care... Drop them off at your own risk!