Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Swear it Wasn't Doing that When We Left...!

Yes, we were a mile away from home, when it started to snow. No, I did not know it would snow! It was hardly drizzling rain when we left. It was going to be a quick trip to the school to take Ben a lunch and come home. Just as we got on campus, it really started to rain. I was soaked by the time we got to the engineering building... but the kids weren't -- they ride in style these days.
When we came out of the building to walk home it was snowing hard! The boys thought it was great fun being in their little cocoon. I wasn't feeling to jolly, though. The sidewalks were slushy and slippery as we navigated through the college students. I'd say we put on quite the show! I was wearing a fuzzy sweatshirt that acted like Velcro to the snow, and after five minutes of a brisk walk I looked like a polar bear riding a snow chariot that was yelling "WEEEEE!"
Half way home the boys' ride was covered in an inch of snow, so they started to kick around to get the snow off their viewing window. This they found great fun! I was a little disappointed because I wanted a picture of them covered. Oh, well.
I was soaked and cold when we got to the apartment. But my spirits weren't down. I took a picture to always remind me to check the weather report before heading out on a rainy day.
Am I the only one Mother Nature doesn't like?
*****
I just want to thank all of you who have been a huge support to me! Five more followers to go before I start doing some give-aways. I am totally new to this whole thing, so if anyone has any ideas or wants to sponsor a give-away for contest, email me! nutsinanutshell@gmail.com
Thanks!

8 comments:

Ben said...

I'll bet the boys were upset when you stopped, and they couldn't see what was going on.

Mama Nut said...

Yeah, one of the pictures I took had a foot hanging out!

Hobbs said...

wow! we are covered with pollen here is nc!

Amy said...

Ewww... I hope that we don't get that here! I have only been back where it snows for about 3 weeks, and I am already tired of the weather! It better not be snowing when we come visit this weekend!! :)

Jill said...

Oh man! I'll bet that was a sight to see. I also bet that your boys were loving every minute of it. I'd be like you, though... ready to get out of the snow. What a trooper you are.

Rocksee said...

I am followin now girly.. I am glad you all made it back to the casa in one piece~!

Our Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our Family said...

Once again, you made me smile. The imagery of the polar bear and her snow chariot was great!

Just last week we got a surprise rain shower. I decided to walk to the dentist office with my two children. When we came out, it was pouring! We spent half an hour in Starbucks (with stares from all of the suited business people while I was dripping wet with two soaked kiddos). During a little calm, we crept out and got caught in a downpour again, so we dodged into Lowe's for an hour. Same story, and then ended up at Kmart for another hour. I'll make sure to check the weather next time, too.